As a listed company, the Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad and its employees are committed to high standard of ethical and legal business conduct. The Company is also committed to present accurate and factual financial information to guide the Board of Directors of the Company, its shareholders, financial markets and other stakeholders in making informed decisions.
For these reasons, the Board and the Management of Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad (“The Company”) must maintain a workplace that practises good corporate governance and upholds integrity in all its operational activities and business dealings. To achieve this objective, the Company therefore encourages its Board members and all level of employees to report suspected or instances of wrongdoing involving the Company’s employees and its assets.
SCOPE OF WHISTLEBLOWER POLICY
The primary purpose of this policy is to govern the reporting and handling of wrongdoing at Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad and its subsidiaries. This policy does not replace the Company’s existing policy for handling employee grievances or similar complaints, which will continue to be administered by the Human Resources Departments of Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad and its subsidiaries.
Wrongdoing shall mean, but not limited to, reporting of fraudulent financial information, actual or suspected fraud, misappropriation of monies, misrepresentation, conceal facts or information with intention to mislead, violation of laws and regulations, endangerment of employees or public health and safety, violation of Company’s policies, taking or giving kickbacks, bribes, favours, privileges, criminal offence and blackmailing.
REPORTING IN GOOD FAITH
The Company expects all parties to act in good faith and have reasonable grounds when making a report. If allegations are made with malicious intent, the Company will take appropriate action against the parties concerned including legal action, where applicable.
PROTECTION FROM RETALIATION AND REPRISAL
The Company views retaliation or reprisal against the whistleblower seriously. The Company provides assurance to the whistleblower that he/she would be protected from retaliation or reprisal from his/her reporting superior, manager or department head.
The Company assures that no disciplinary action can be taken against the whistleblower on condition that the information provided is accurate, factual and there is no element of malicious intent.
All complaints reported to the Company are treated in strict confidence. Information will only be disclosed on need-to-know basis and with written permission from the Audit Committee Chairman of the Board.
The employee’s identity will not be revealed unless it is required by law.
– The whistleblower should promptly report the suspected or instances of wrongdoing to the Internal Audit Manager.
– If there is a need to contact someone other than the Internal Audit Manager, the whistleblower may address the report directly to the Audit Committee Chairman of the Board.
– The report must be in writing, submit via post or email, to ensure that there is a clear understanding about the issues raised. The report should be sealed in an envelop if sent via post with “Private and Confidential” indicated and addressed to:
Internal Audit Department
Star Publication (Malaysia) Berhad
15, Jalan 16/11, Section 16,
46350 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
– The Audit Committee Chairman or the Internal Audit Manager who receives the report must promptly act to investigate and resolve the issue.
– The whistleblower shall be informed on the outcome of the investigation.
– All investigations shall be tabled to the Audit Committee of the Board that has the authority to ensure effective implementation of the whistleblower policy. The Audit Committee shall update the Board of Directors on reports that require their attention and approval.
WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION ACT 2010
In the event that there are discrepancies between this policy and the Whistleblower Protection Act 2010, the Act shall prevail.
Click here to download the Wrongdoing Report Form